The history of Topnotch Resort and Spa is intrinsically tied to the charming New England town of Stowe, Vermont where we make our home. A part of Vermont history, Stowe has been luring visitors for decades with its picture-perfect village, gorgeous mountain setting, European cachet and easy-going manner. With Vermont’s highest peak, Mount Mansfield, in its backyard, Stowe has been a favorite for hikers and snow enthusiasts alike. It’s no surprise it’s been coined “the ski capital of the east.”
Topnotch Resort and Spa has been a cherished part of the Stowe community since we first opened our doors in 1959. Nested at the foot of the mountain, we began as a family-owned village inn with a small lounge and 24-seat restaurant, beckoning vacationers here for a skiing holiday. Over the years we’ve expanded our services, while staying true to our humble origins – and so began the love affair with the most discerning travelers. Today, as one of Travel+Leisure’s “World’s Best” hotels, Topnotch blends rustic charm and unsurpassed luxury, beautifully.
When the Topnotch Tennis Academy was formed in 1977, we earned the coveted status of becoming one of the finest tennis resorts in the country, and host to several of the sport’s most celebrated events. Ten years later we created the Topnotch Spa, which has since become one of the top ten spas in the U.S. Shortly after, we added to our Resort Home community, and brought guests a townhouse experience that combines the intimacy of ownership with the luxury of a world-class resort. Owing to a complement of state-of-the-art meeting facilities, exceptional dining and an unsurpassed service standard, Topnotch Resort and Spa has evolved into a sought-after destination that creates warm memories for each and every guest.
Over the years, the flavor and essence of Topnotch – worldly, yet unassuming – have remained the same. Here you’ll still find quintessential charm and quiet sophistication – part auberge, part magnificent resort. And always, a feeling like you’re staying with friends who delight in finding ways to make your stay even more exceptional.
We welcome you to come and be part of a Stowe tradition.
Awards & Accolades
- Seven Daysies- Best Resort Spa
- 4393 Awards – Best Resort Spa
- Conde Nast Readers’ Choice Awards 2018 - Top Resorts in New England
- FREESKIER Magazine Elevated Aprés - #3 in North America (#1 in the United States)
- Conde Nast Readers’ Choice Awards 2016 - Top Resorts in New England – #9 (#1 in Vermont)
- Shape Magazine - Best Hotel Spa
- PlayYourCourt.com - Top 10 Tennis Destinations in the Northeast
- Seven Daysies 2016 - Best Resort Spa
- Brit+Co - 9 Epic Babymoon Vacays in North America for That Last Hurrah
- Fodor’s Travel - “10 U.S. Ski Hotels With Modern Décor”
- TravelPulse - 5 Most Unique Pet-Friendly Hotels
- Fodor’s Travel – New England’s Most Luxurious Resorts
- SpaFinders of America – Top 100 Spas Of America
- Condé Nast Traveler – Reader Poll, #1 Top Resort Spa for Service
- Condé Nast Traveler – Readers Choice Awards, “Top 20 Resorts in New England”
- Condé Nast Traveler – Readers Poll, Top Ten Resort Spas in America
- Spa Finder – Top Ten Resort Spas in America & Top Ten Favorite Spa Managers
- Tennis Resorts Online – Top 25 Tennis Resorts
- Travel + Leisure – World’s Best Après-Ski Bars
- Family Vacation Critic – 17 Best Kids’ Spa Resorts
- Fodor’s Travel – America’s Best Luxury Tennis Resorts
- Business Insider – 20 Stunning Tennis Courts to Play in Your Lifetime
- Fodor’s Travel Guide – Reader’s Choice Winner, Top 100 Country Retreats Worldwide
- Tennis Resorts Online – Ranked #14, Top 25 Tennis Resorts Worldwide, Gold Medal Resort, Tennis Resorts Online, Ranked #6, Top 25 Tennis Camps Worldwide
- Voted Vermont’s most spectacular Spa
- Spafinder, Wellness 365Readers’ Choice Award – “Favorite Spa” – Best for Outdoor Adventure, Best for Ski & Snow, Best for LGBT, Best Pet-Friendly Spa and Best for Families
- Tennis Magazine - #1 Tennis Resort in the Northeast